Sunday 15 April 2012

Day 133. Last day of Insanity (round 2), carb cycling, and week 19 stats

Day 133 photo




















Consumed 2200 calories. Did the "fit test" workout and pole danced.

I am now an Insanity graduate x2! I've gotten awesome results from this program and I highly recommend it to anyone who desires better cardiovascular health. And now on to something completely different.

About carb cycling. I used to think "carb cycling" referred to days of no/very little carbs followed by days of lots of carbs. My preconception of the term was totally wrong (and was founded entirely on what I thought it would be based on the term itself), and I've only just now discovered that what I've been doing with my diet has essentially been carb cycling, but the floating high carb day variation.

A little explanation: carb cycling is 3-4 days of caloric deficit followed by 1-2 days of caloric surplus or maintenance with all of the extra calories coming from carbs. The amount of protein and fats do not change at all. The floating high carb day variation is where you have the surplus/maintenance day whenever your strength training occurs. Obviously if you do a high volume of weight lifting then you'd want to save your surplus/maintenance days for only the really heavy training sessions.

I may attempt to introduce some more structure into my diet just to experiment. I like the floating high carb day because it gives me more flexibility with my calories, but there is something to be said for routine and simplicity as well. I may use this week to come up with some fancy schmancy diet plan. Or not. We'll see.


Week 19 stats (in bold):
Stomach: 29.75 in -> 30.0
Chest: 30.0 in -> 30.0
Biceps: 10.0 in -> 9.75
Hips: 35.25 in -> 35.5
Thigh: 18.25 in -> 18.25
Calf: 13.25 in -> 13.25
Waist: 26.75 in -> 26.5

Weight: 126.2 lbs -> 127.6

No comments:

Post a Comment