Wednesday 25 July 2012

Day 234. New 5 RM

Calories in: +3387
Calories out: -3323
Surplus: +64 (2%)

It just occurred to me that I have never written about my strength training progress before. Today's post aims to rectify the situation somewhat.

When I first started lifting weights some four months ago, I couldn't lift much. Since then, I've slowly progressed, and I'm pleased to say that I am now so so so much stronger than I was when I started! In fact, here are some numbers:

Squat: 40 kg -> 72.5
Bench press: 22.5 kg -> 37.5
1-arm dumbbell row: 19 kg -> 22
Dumbbell step up: 16 kg -> 22
Dips: 5 -> 11

The first number is my 5 rep max when I first started in March. The second number is my new 5 RM that I set today. The exception is the triceps dips, which is a new exercise I added one month ago and which number reflects the maximum number of reps I can do at once. What's listed here is not my entire set of exercises. I'll be hitting a new 5 RM for the rest on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment